Tag Archives: moving sites
Copy/ Move the files to the new domain. Open your
wp-config.php file. On your new server, create a database with the same details — or create a database with different details, then update your wp-config.php file.
Once you are finished with that
- Backup your database and save the copy off-site.
- Login to phpMyAdmin.
- Click the link to your Databases.
- A list of your databases will appear. Choose the one that is your WordPress database.
- All the tables in your database will appear on the screen.
- Run the following mysql Queries
UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = REPLACE ( option_value, '<old_domain>', '<new_domain>') WHERE option_value LIKE '<old_domain>' The above will get you site working . the design will now start showing. Now we have to get the links on pages working. Run the following: UPDATE b_posts SET post_content = replace(post_content, '<old_domain>', '<new_domain>');